M.Tech Aerospace Engineering
An M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering is a postgraduate program designed to provide in-depth knowledge and specialized skills in the field of aerospace engineering. This advanced degree focuses on the design, development, and maintenance of aircraft, spacecraft, and related systems, encompassing both aeronautical and astronautical aspects.Students in this program delve into subjects such as aerodynamics, propulsion systems, aerospace structures, materials, and flight control. They gain expertise in aerospace research, design, and analysis, with an emphasis on cutting-edge technologies and innovations.
M.Tech Aerospace Engineering graduates have diverse career opportunities in the aerospace industry, including roles in aircraft design, propulsion systems, space exploration, and aviation research. They may work in organizations such as space agencies, aerospace companies, defense contractors, and research institutions.
|Full form||Masters of Technology in Aerospace Engineering|
|Examination type||Offline and semester based|
|Eligibility||BE/B.Tech in aerospace engineering with 50 percentile|
|Admission process||Direct or Entrance Based|
|Course fee||INR 2,00,000 – 6,00,000|
|Average salary||INR 2,00,000 – 17,00,000|
|Top recruitment agencies||Hindustan aeronautics limited, DRDO, ISRO, Indigo, TATA, Jet Airways and spice jet|
|Job positions||Research associates, engineers and executives, flight operations head, R & D executive, research scientist etc.|
M.Tech Aerospace Engineering: Admission Process (2024-25)
- Eligibility Criteria: Candidates are required to meet the eligibility criteria set by the university or institution. Eligibility criteria typically include a B.Tech or B.E. degree in Aerospace Engineering or a related field with a specified minimum percentage of marks.
- Entrance Exams: Many universities and institutes conduct their own entrance exams for M.Tech admissions. Some common entrance exams for M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering include GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) and specific departmental exams.
- Application Process:
- Obtain the application form: Candidates need to obtain the application form from the official website of the university or institution.
- Fill out the application form: Complete the application form with accurate personal and academic information.
- Application fee: Pay the application fee, which is typically non-refundable.
- Submission of Documents: Candidates are usually required to submit copies of relevant documents, including educational transcripts, GATE scorecard (if applicable), and other required certificates. Some institutions may also require a statement of purpose (SOP) and letters of recommendation.
- Selection Process: Universities and institutes shortlist candidates based on their entrance exam scores, academic records, and other criteria. Shortlisted candidates may be called for an interview or written test as part of the selection process.
- Merit List: After the selection process, universities and institutes prepare a merit list of eligible candidates based on their performance in the entrance exam and other evaluation components.
- Counseling and Seat Allotment: If counseling is part of the admission process, shortlisted candidates may be called for counseling sessions where they can select their preferred specialization or branch within Aerospace Engineering based on their rank and availability of seats.
- Final Admission: Candidates who receive admission offers must confirm their acceptance by paying the admission fee and completing any additional formalities specified by the university or institute.
Top M.Tech Aerospace Engineering Course/College in Uttarakhand
Dev Bhoomi Uttarakhand University
Sardar Bhagwan Singh University
GRD Institute of Management and Technology
Maya Group of Colleges
M.Tech Aerospace Engineering: Specialization
- Aerodynamics: Specializing in the study of the behavior of air and gases, particularly the design and analysis of aircraft and spacecraft aerodynamics.
- Propulsion Systems: Focusing on the design and analysis of propulsion systems, such as jet engines, rocket propulsion, and alternative fuel systems.
- Structural Mechanics and Design: Concentrating on the design, analysis, and testing of aerospace structures, including aircraft and spacecraft.
- Avionics and Control Systems: Specializing in the design of aircraft and spacecraft control systems, navigation, communication, and electronic systems.
- Space Systems Engineering: Emphasizing the design and construction of space systems, including satellites, space vehicles, and space exploration missions.
- Aircraft Design and Development: Focusing on the design, development, and testing of various types of aircraft, from fixed-wing planes to rotorcraft.
- Space Science and Technology: Concentrating on space science, planetary exploration, and space technology, including interplanetary missions and satellite technology.
- Aircraft Maintenance and Repair: Specializing in aircraft maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) processes and strategies.
- Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS): Focusing on the design, operation, and application of unmanned aerial vehicles (drones) in various industries.
- Composites and Materials Science: Emphasizing the study of aerospace materials, including advanced composites and material selection for aerospace applications.
M.Tech Aerospace Engineering: Syllabus
|Semester||Core Subjects||Elective Subjects|
|1st||– Advanced Flight Mechanics||– Computational Fluid Dynamics|
|– Aerospace Structures and Materials||– Advanced Thermodynamics|
|– Aeroelasticity||– Advanced Propulsion Systems|
|– Research Methodology and Seminar||– Finite Element Analysis|
|2nd||– Advanced Aircraft Design||– Spacecraft Technology|
|– Space Mechanics and Orbital Dynamics||– Advanced Avionics|
|– Advanced Aerodynamics||– Composite Materials in Aerospace|
|– Electromagnetics in Aerospace Systems||– Gas Dynamics and Hypersonic Flows|
|– Advanced Control Systems in Aerospace||– Experimental Methods in Aerospace|
|3rd||– Space Propulsion Systems||– Aerospace Structures and Materials|
|– Hypersonic and Supersonic Flows||– Advanced Flight Mechanics|
|– Spacecraft Design and Systems||– Aerospace Systems Integration|
|– Aerospace Project Management||– Aerospace Structural Dynamics|
|– Thesis or Research Project||– Space Mission Planning and Analysis|
|4th||– Thesis or Research Project||– Thesis or Research Project|
|– Comprehensive Viva Voce Examination||– Comprehensive Viva Voce Examination|
M.Tech Aerospace Engineering: Scope & Salary
|Job Role||Job Description||Average Salary Range (per annum)|
|Aerospace Engineer||Design and develop aircraft, spacecraft, and related systems.||₹6 lakh to ₹20 lakh or more|
|Aircraft Design Engineer||Focus on designing and improving aircraft and related components.||₹6 lakh to ₹20 lakh or more|
|Aerospace Systems Engineer||Work on systems integration, testing, and maintenance of aerospace systems.||₹6 lakh to ₹20 lakh or more|
|Aircraft Maintenance Engineer||Oversee the maintenance, repair, and safety of aircraft and their systems.||₹4 lakh to ₹12 lakh or more|
|Avionics Engineer||Specialize in the design and maintenance of electronic systems in aircraft.||₹6 lakh to ₹18 lakh or more|
|Spacecraft Engineer||Design, develop, and maintain spacecraft and systems for space exploration.||₹6 lakh to ₹20 lakh or more|
|Propulsion Engineer||Work on the design and improvement of propulsion systems for aircraft and spacecraft.||₹6 lakh to ₹18 lakh or more|
|Structural Engineer||Specialize in the analysis and design of aerospace structures and materials.||₹6 lakh to ₹18 lakh or more|
|Research and Development Engineer||Engage in research projects, innovation, and technology development in aerospace.||₹6 lakh to ₹20 lakh or more|
|Aerospace Project Manager||Manage and oversee aerospace projects, ensuring they meet goals and deadlines.||₹8 lakh to ₹25 lakh or more|
M.Tech Aerospace Engineering: Top Recruiting Companies
- Lockheed Martin
- Northrop Grumman
- General Dynamics
- Raytheon Technologies
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- Safran Group
- GE Aviation
- DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organization)
- HAL (Hindustan Aeronautics Limited)
- Pratt & Whitney