The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) conducts the All India Entrance Examination for Admission (AIEEA) to offer admission to undergraduate and postgraduate programs in the field of agriculture and allied sciences. ICAR AIEEA serves as a significant platform for students aspiring to pursue education in agricultural sciences, veterinary sciences, dairy technology, fisheries science, and related disciplines at various agricultural universities across India. The examination aims to assess the candidates’ knowledge in subjects like physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, and agriculture. ICAR AIEEA is known for its rigorous testing and selection process, ensuring that qualified individuals contribute to the advancement of agricultural research and development in the country. The successful candidates gain entry into prestigious institutions affiliated with the ICAR, fostering expertise and innovation in the crucial domain of agriculture and allied sciences. The examination process typically includes a written test followed by counseling for seat allocation, providing a gateway for students to embark on a rewarding academic journey in the field of agriculture.
Entrance Examination for Admission
The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
Mode of Exam
LAN based (Computer Based Test)
Duration of exam
2 hour and 30 minutes
ICAR AIEEA Official website
- Application Form Release:The application form for ICAR AIEEA 2024 will soon be made available on the official website by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- Online Mode:The application process is entirely online, and candidates must visit the official website to access the application form.
- Eligibility Criteria:Before initiating the application process, candidates are advised to carefully review the eligibility criteria specified for the respective courses. It is essential to ensure that all eligibility requirements are met before proceeding with the application.
- Online Application Process:The entire application process, including form submission, is conducted online. Candidates need to provide accurate and complete information to avoid rejection.
- Incomplete Applications:It is crucial for applicants to fill out the entire application form thoroughly, as incomplete submissions are likely to be rejected by the National Testing Agency.
- Single Application Submission:Candidates are advised to submit only one application form. Multiple submissions by a single candidate may lead to rejection by the officials.
Fee for UG
Fee for PG
SC/ ST/ PWD/ Transgender
OBC-NCL/ UPS/ EWS
- Nationality:Candidates must be Indian nationals.
- Age Limit:The age limit varies for different courses. Generally, for the undergraduate program (AIEEA UG), candidates should be between 16 to 19 years of age as of August 31 of the examination year.
- Educational Qualifications:
- For Undergraduate Programs (AIEEA UG):Candidates should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum specified percentage in aggregate.The qualifying examination should be from a recognized education board.
- For Postgraduate Programs (AIEEA PG):Candidates should have completed their Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field with a specified minimum percentage.The degree should be obtained from a recognized university.
- Subject Requirements:The subjects studied in the qualifying examination should be relevant to the chosen course. For example, candidates applying for agriculture-related courses should have a background in subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, and Agriculture.
- Minimum Percentage:There is usually a minimum percentage requirement in the qualifying examination, and it may vary for different categories (General, OBC, SC/ST).
- Reservation Criteria:The reservation policy is applicable as per the Government of India norms. Candidates belonging to reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC/PwD) should provide the necessary certificates.
1st week of April 2024
Application form starts
2nd week of April 2024
Last date to apply
1st week of May 2024
2nd week of May 2024
Exam city slip releases
3rd week of May 2024
Admit card releases
4th week of May 2024
AIEEA PG exam
4th week of May 2024
Provisional answer key
1st week of June 2024
Final answer key
2nd week of June 2024
2nd week of June 2024
3rd week of June 2024
For CUET UG Course:
- Exam Mode: Computer-Based Test (CBT).
- Total Questions: 100 questions will be asked in the question paper.
- Medium: The exam will be conducted in 13 languages for UG level courses.
- Question Type: Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Marking Scheme: 5 marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There will be a negative marking of 1 mark for each incorrect answer.
For AIEEA PG Course:
- Exam Mode: Online (Computer Based Test).
- Total Questions: The question paper will consist of a total of 120 questions.
- Duration: Candidates will have 2 hours to complete the paper.
- Language: The question paper will be in English.
- Marking Scheme: 5 marks will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect option
- Respiration and Transpiration
- Elements of Economic Botany
- General Structure and Function of Carbohydrate
- Nucleic Acids
- Structure and Metabolic Functions of Carbohydrates
- Genetic Engineering
- Dry Matter Partitioning
- Harvest Index of Crops
- DNA Replication
- Principle of Nutrient and Water Management
- Structure and Function of Plant Cells
- Periodic Classification of Element
- Fats and Liquids
- Weathering of Rocks and Minerals
- Causes of Poor Aeration
- Soil Classifications
- Sugarcane and Their Management
- Physiological Limits of Crop Yield and Variability about Ecological Optima
- Integrated Farming Systems
- Principles of Crop Ecology and Crop Adaptation
- Economic Importance
- Medicinal & Aromatic Plants
- Water Management
- Understand the Syllabus:Familiarize yourself with the official ICAR AIEEA syllabus. Understand the topics and sub-topics that you need to cover for each subject.
- Create a Study Plan:Develop a well-organized study plan that covers all the subjects and topics. Allocate sufficient time to each subject based on its weightage and your proficiency in that area.
- Study Material:Use recommended textbooks and study materials for ICAR AIEEA preparation. Choose books that provide in-depth coverage of the syllabus.
- Previous Year Papers:Solve previous years’ question papers to understand the exam pattern, question types, and time management. It also helps in identifying the important topics.
- Mock Tests:Take regular mock tests to simulate exam conditions. Mock tests help improve time management and boost your confidence. Analyze your performance and focus on areas that need improvement.
- Focus on Weak Areas:Identify your weaker subjects or topics and allocate more time to strengthen them. A balanced approach to all subjects is crucial for overall success.
- Revision:Regularly revise the topics you’ve covered to reinforce your understanding. Create concise notes for quick revision closer to the exam.
- Stay Updated:Keep yourself updated with any changes in the exam pattern, syllabus, or important announcements by regularly checking the official ICAR website.
- Health and Well-being:Take care of your physical and mental health. Ensure adequate sleep, eat healthily, and incorporate short breaks during your study sessions.
- Time Management:Practice effective time management during the exam. Divide your time among different sections according to their weightage and difficulty level.
- Seek Help:If you have doubts or face challenges in understanding certain topics, don’t hesitate to seek help from teachers, peers, or online resources.
- Stay Positive:Maintain a positive attitude and stay motivated throughout your preparation. Believe in your abilities and stay focused on your goal.
- Counselling Period: The counselling process is expected to commence in the first and second weeks of July 2024.
- Online Counselling: The entire counselling process will be conducted online. Candidates should regularly check the official ICAR website for updates and detailed instructions regarding the online counselling process.
- Document Verification: During the counselling, candidates are required to carry all original documents along with photocopies for verification purposes
Documents for ICAR AIEEA Counselling
- Proof of Date of Birth:Class 10th certificate or any document verifying the date of birth.
- Class 10th and 12th Certificates:All certificates related to class 10th and 12th examinations.
- Degree Certificate (if applicable):For candidates applying for postgraduate courses, any degree certificates should be provided.
- Caste Certificate (if required):If applicable, candidates belonging to reserved categories should carry their caste certificate.
- Domicile Certificate:Proof of residence or domicile certificate.
- Admit Card:The admit card for ICAR AIEEA 2024 examination.
- Character Certificate:A certificate attesting to the character of the candidate.
- Aadhar Card:Aadhar card for identification purposes.