The Engineering Common Entrance Test for Diploma Holders (ECET FDH) is organized by JNT University Anantapur on behalf of the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE) for the upcoming academic year. This national-level examination serves as a gateway for students aspiring to secure admission to the B. Tech course through lateral entry. Designed specifically for diploma holders, ECET FDH offers an opportunity for candidates to enter the second year of engineering programs. The examination is conducted in the regions of Andhra Pradesh, providing a platform for eligible candidates to showcase their knowledge and skills in pursuit of higher education. ECET FDH plays a crucial role in facilitating lateral entry admissions to engineering colleges, allowing diploma holders to further their academic journey and contribute to the field of technology. As a significant examination on the national level, ECET FDH aligns with the broader goal of fostering educational advancement in the engineering
Engineering Common Entrance Test for Diploma Holders
- Notification and Application:The official notification for ECET FDH is released by the exam conducting authority. It contains essential information such as eligibility criteria, exam dates, and application details.Candidates interested in lateral entry to B.Tech programs can submit their applications within the specified timeframe. The application form is usually available online.
- Admit Card Download:After successful application submission, candidates can download the admit card. The admit card contains details about the exam venue, date, and other important instructions.
- ECET FDH Exam:Candidates must appear for the ECET FDH exam on the scheduled date. The exam assesses the candidates’ knowledge and skills in engineering subjects.
- Result Declaration:The results of the ECET FDH exam are announced, and candidates can check their scores and rank online.
- Counseling Process:Qualified candidates are called for the counseling process based on their ranks.During counseling, candidates can choose their preferred colleges and courses based on their ranks and the availability of seats.
- Document Verification:Candidates need to present the required documents for verification during the counseling process. This may include educational certificates, identity proof, category certificate (if applicable), etc.
- Seat Allotment:After document verification, eligible candidates are allotted seats based on their preferences and ranks.Seat allotment results are published, and candidates need to confirm their acceptance of the allotted seat by paying the prescribed fees.
- Reporting to the College:Candidates who have accepted the allotted seat must report to the respective college within the specified timeframe to complete the admission process.
- Educational Qualification:Candidates should have completed or should be in the final year of their Diploma in Engineering or Technology from a recognized institution.The diploma should be recognized by the State Board of Technical Education and Training of the respective state or any other recognized authority.
- Minimum Marks:Candidates are usually required to have a minimum aggregate of 45% marks in the qualifying diploma. However, some institutes may have different minimum percentage requirements.
- Nationality:Candidates should be Indian nationals.
- Domicile:Some states may have specific domicile requirements. Candidates need to check whether there are any state-specific eligibility conditions.
- Age Limit:There is usually no specific age limit for ECET FDH
- Admit Card:A printout of the ECET FDH admit card, which is typically available for download from the official website.
- Rank Card/Score Card:The printout of the ECET FDH rank card or scorecard indicating the candidate’s performance in the examination.
- Diploma Certificate and Mark Sheets:Original and photocopies of the diploma certificate and mark sheets, verifying the candidate’s educational qualification.
- Intermediate/Class 10+2 Mark Sheet:In some cases, candidates may need to provide their intermediate or class 10+2 mark sheet.
- Transfer Certificate (TC) and Conduct Certificate:Original Transfer Certificate (TC) and Conduct Certificate from the institution last attended.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable):Candidates belonging to reserved categories may need to provide a caste certificate issued by a competent authority.
- Income Certificate (if applicable):For candidates claiming fee reimbursement or concessions based on economic status, an income certificate may be required.
- Residence Certificate/Domicile Certificate:A proof of residence or domicile certificate may be needed, especially for state-specific quota admissions.
- Date of Birth (DOB) Proof:A document proving the candidate’s date of birth, such as a birth certificate or SSC/Class 10 certificate.
- Recent Passport-sized Photographs:A set of passport-sized photographs as per the specifications mentioned in the admission guidelines.
- Aadhar Card or ID Proof:An identity proof, which can include Aadhar card, passport, voter ID, or any other government-issued ID.
- Algebraic Structures
- Linear Algebra
- Differential Equations
- Probability and Statistics
- Numerical Methods
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Acids and Bases
- Chemical Kinetics
- Chemical Equilibrium and Chemical Thermodynamics
- Organic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Units and Dimensions
- Elements of Vectors
- Kinematics and Friction
- Collisions and Center of Mass
- Rotatory Motion
- Simple Harmonic Motion
- Surface Tension and Viscosity
- Electrical Circuits and Measurements
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Mode of Exam:The ECET FDH exam is conducted in an offline mode, where candidates need to use pen and paper to answer the questions.
- Language of Exam:The exam is conducted exclusively in the English language.
- Number of Questions:The question paper consists of a total of 200 questions.
- Type of Questions:All the questions are Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Marking Scheme:Each correct answer is awarded 1 mark.
- Duration of Exam:Candidates are provided with 3 hours (180 minutes) to complete the entire paper.
Application Form & Fees
- Visit the Official Website:Candidates need to visit the official website of ECET FDH, which is www.apecet.org.
- Registration:Look for the registration link on the website and click on it. Candidates will need to provide basic details to create an account.
- Fill the Application Form:After registration, candidates can log in using their credentials and fill in the required details in the online application form. This includes personal details, educational qualifications, and other necessary information.
- Upload Documents:Candidates may be required to upload scanned copies of documents such as a recent passport-sized photograph and signature as per the specified format.
- Application Fee Payment:The application fee for ECET FDH is Rs. 400. Candidates can make the payment online through AP Online services or the provided Payment Gateway using Credit Card, Debit Card, or Net banking.
- Submit the Application:After completing the form and fee payment, candidates should review the information provided and submit the application.
- Print Application Form:It’s advisable to take a printout of the submitted application form for future reference
Announcement of notification
Starting date of submission of online application
Last date of submission of online application without late fee
Last date of submission of online application with late fee of Rs1000/-
Last date of Submission of online application with late fee of Rs5000
Downloading of Hall tickets
Announcement of answer key
Announcement of results
Exam date and Time schedule
May 2024 (10:00 AM to 1:00 PM )
- Minimum Qualifying Marks:General category applicants are required to secure a minimum of 25% of the total marks to qualify for the counseling process.
- SC & ST Category:Applicants from the SC and ST categories do not have any specified minimum qualifying marks for ranking in the entrance exam. This implies that candidates from these categories are eligible for counseling without meeting a minimum threshold.
- Counseling Rounds:The counseling process typically involves multiple rounds where candidates are called based on their ranks.During each counseling round, candidates get an opportunity to choose their preferred colleges and courses based on their ranks and the availability of seats.
- Document Verification:Candidates need to present the required documents during the counseling process for verification. This may include educational certificates, identity proof, caste certificate (if applicable), and other relevant documents.
- Seat Allotment:Based on their ranks and choices, candidates are allotted seats in participating engineering colleges.The seat allotment is done considering factors such as merit, category, and availability of seats.
- Reporting to Allotted College:Candidates who have been allotted seats must report to the respective colleges within the stipulated timeframe to complete the admission process.
- Fee Payment:Candidates need to pay the prescribed fees as part of the admission process to confirm their seats.