What is VITEEE?
VITEEE, or the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination, is an entrance exam conducted by Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) for admission to its various undergraduate engineering programs. The exam assesses candidates’ knowledge in subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English, and Aptitude.
VITEEE is typically a computer-based test held annually. The duration of the exam is around 2 hours and 30 minutes, consisting of multiple-choice questions. The syllabus covers the 10+2 level topics in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology.
VITEEE is known for its rigorous selection process, and successful candidates gain admission to diverse engineering disciplines offered by VIT, including Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and more.
VITEEE- Course Details
VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE)
Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT)
Mode of Examination
Computer-Based Test (CBT)
2 hours 30 minutes
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English, Aptitude
Number of Questions
125 (40 each in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, 5 in English, and 5 in Aptitude)
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
No negative marking
10+2 level Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English, and Aptitude
Mode of Application
VITEEE-Eligibility and Admission
- Candidates should be of Indian nationality. NRI, PIO, and Foreign candidates are also eligible.
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after July 1, 2000, are eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have completed or should be appearing in the final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), or any recognized equivalent examination.
- The subjects studied in the qualifying examination should include Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, and English.
- Candidates must have scored an aggregate of at least 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (50% for SC/ST categories and J&K candidates).
- Candidates need to fill out the online application form available on the official website.
- After submitting the application form, candidates are required to book a slot for the exam. The slot booking is done on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Once the slot is booked, candidates can download the admit card containing details about the exam venue, date, and time.
- Candidates need to appear for the VITEEE exam as per the scheduled slot.
- The results of VITEEE are declared, and a merit list is prepared based on the candidate’s performance in the exam.
- Shortlisted candidates are called for counseling based on their rank. During counseling, candidates can choose their preferred branch and campus.
Document Verification and Admission:
- Candidates need to undergo document verification during counseling, and upon successful verification, they can secure admission by paying the prescribed fee.
Visit the Official Website:
- Go to the official website of VITEEE. The website address may change, so ensure you are on the correct site.
New User Registration:
- If you are a new user, you need to register on the website. This usually involves providing basic details like your name, date of birth, email address, and creating a password.
Fill in the Application Form:
- Log in with the credentials you created and fill in the online application form. The form will ask for personal details, educational qualifications, and other relevant information.
- Upload scanned copies of your recent passport-sized photograph and signature as per the specified format and size.
Select Exam Center:
- Choose your preferred exam center from the available options. The list of exam centers is usually provided during the application process.
Payment of Application Fee:
- Pay the application fee through the available payment modes. The fee amount may vary, so check the official notification for the correct details.
Review and Submit:
- Review all the information you entered before submitting the application form. Ensure that all details are accurate.
- After successful submission, a confirmation page is generated. Download and print the confirmation page for your records.
Slot Booking (if applicable):
- In some cases, after the application process, candidates may be required to book their exam slots. This is usually on a first-come-first-served basis.
Download Admit Card:
- Closer to the exam date, download the admit card from the official website. The admit card contains details about the exam venue, date, and time.
- The printout of the VITEEE admit card is an essential document. It contains details about the exam venue, date, and time.
- The result or scorecard of VITEEE is necessary for the admission process. It reflects your performance in the exam.
Counseling Admit Card:
- If shortlisted for counseling, you may need to download the counseling admit card from the official website.
Class 10th and 12th Mark Sheets:
- Copies of mark sheets of Class 10 and 12 (or equivalent) showing your academic performance.
Qualifying Examination Hall Ticket:
- The hall ticket or admit card of the qualifying examination (Class 12 or equivalent) is often required.
Community Certificate (if applicable):
- If you belong to a specific category (SC/ST/OBC), you may need to provide a community certificate.
Nativity Certificate (if applicable):
- Nativity certificate is required for candidates who are natives of Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states.
- A migration certificate from the last qualifying institution is often required.
- A Transfer Certificate (TC) from the last institution attended.
- A conduct certificate from the institution last attended.
- A demand draft for the prescribed fee. The amount and details will be specified in the counseling information.
Mode of Examination:
- VITEEE is a computer-based test (CBT), where candidates answer questions on a computer.
- The duration of the exam is typically 2 hours and 30 minutes.
The question paper consists of multiple sections:
- Mathematics or Biology (Choose either Mathematics or Biology)
Number of Questions:
- The total number of questions can vary, but it is usually around 125 questions.
- All the questions are multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers. Each correct answer is awarded one mark.
Distribution of Questions:
- The distribution of questions across subjects is generally balanced, with a focus on Mathematics/Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
Language of the Exam:
- The language of the question paper is typically English.
- The syllabus is based on the 10+2 level, and the questions are designed to test the candidates’ proficiency in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English, and Aptitude.
- The questions are of varying difficulty levels, covering both basic and advanced concepts.
VITEEE-Exam Date 2024
VITEEE 2024 Registration Last Date
March 30, 2024
VITEEE 2024 Mock Test
February 2024 (Tentative)
VITEEE 2024 Admit Card
April 2024 (Tentative)
VITEEE 2024 Slot Booking
April 2024 (Tentative)
- Matrices and their Applications
- Trigonometry and Complex Numbers
- Analytical Geometry of Two Dimensions
- Vector Algebra
- Analytical Geometry of Three Dimensions
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus and its Applications
- Differential Equations
- Probability Distributions
- Discrete Mathematics
- Laws of Motion & Work, Energy, and Power
- Properties of Matter
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Atomic Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Semiconductor Devices and their Applications
- Atomic Structure
- p,d, and f – Block Elements
- Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry
- Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium, and Chemical Kinetics
- Isomerism in Organic Compounds
- Alcohols and Ethers
- Carbonyl Compounds
- Carboxylic Acids and their derivatives
- Organic Nitrogen Compounds
Biology (for candidates opting for Biology):
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Human Health and Diseases
- Plant Physiology
- Human Physiology
- Biotechnology and its Applications
- Biodiversity, Ecology, and Environment
- Comprehension Questions
- English Grammar and Pronunciation
Publication of Rank List:
- After the VITEEE results are declared, a rank list is prepared based on the candidate’s performance in the exam.
Counseling Call Letter:
- Candidates who qualify for counseling receive a counseling call letter. This letter contains important information, including the date, time, and venue for counseling.
- Before attending the counseling, candidates may need to book their slots based on the available dates. Slot booking is generally done online on a first-come-first-served basis.
- During counseling, candidates are required to present their original documents for verification. These documents
- Admit Card
- VITEEE Scorecard
- Class 10th and 12th Marksheets
- Community Certificate (if applicable)
- Nativity Certificate (if applicable)
- Demand Draft (if required)
- Candidates are provided with the opportunity to fill in their preferred choices for branches and campuses based on their rank and availability.
- Seats are allotted to candidates based on their ranks, choices filled, and the availability of seats.
Payment of Fees:
- Candidates need to pay the required fees to confirm their seat. The fee details and modes of payment are provided during the counseling process.
Issue of Provisional Admission Letter:
- After successful completion of the counseling process and fee payment, candidates receive a provisional admission letter.
Hostel Accommodation (if applicable):
- For candidates opting for hostel accommodation, the process for hostel allotment is typically initiated after the seat confirmation.
VITEEE-Cut Off 2023
Marks in VITEEE 2023
113 — 117
90 — 113
81 — 90
72 — 81
60 — 72
43 — 60
31 — 43
Less than 31