About DU LLB Entrance Exam?
The DU LLB Entrance Exam is a highly sought-after examination conducted by the University of Delhi for admission to its three-year LLB program. This entrance exam is known for its rigorous evaluation process and is a gateway for aspirants aspiring to pursue law at one of India’s premier educational institutions.
The examination assesses candidates in areas such as General Knowledge, English Language Comprehension, Analytical Abilities, Legal Awareness, and Aptitude. The pattern typically includes multiple-choice questions, evaluating candidates’ knowledge and aptitude for legal studies. Additionally, the entrance test may have negative marking for incorrect answers, emphasizing the need for accuracy.
DU LLB Entrance Exam-Details
Exam Conducting Authority
University of Delhi
LLB (Bachelor of Laws)
Mode of Exam
Computer-Based Test (Online)
Number of Questions
Varies (typically around 100-150 questions)
Types of Questions
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
General Knowledge, English Language Comprehension, Analytical Abilities, Legal Awareness and Aptitude
Positive marking for correct answers
Yes, for incorrect answers
Language of Exam
Graduation in any discipline with at least 50% marks (45% for OBC, 40% for SC/ST)
Announced by the University for each academic year
DU LLB Entrance Exam-Eligibility and Admission
- Educational Qualification:
- Candidates should have completed a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- The minimum percentage required for eligibility is typically 50% for general category candidates, 45% for OBC candidates, and 40% for SC/ST candidates.
- Age Limit:
- There is no upper age limit for the DU LLB program.
- Reservation benefits are provided to candidates belonging to OBC, SC, ST, and other categories as per University norms.
- Online Registration:
- Candidates need to register for the DU LLB Entrance Exam on the official website during the specified registration period.
- Admit Card Download:
- After successful registration, candidates can download the admit card from the official website.
- Entrance Exam:
- Candidates need to appear for the DU LLB Entrance Exam, which typically includes sections on General Knowledge, English Language Comprehension, Analytical Abilities, Legal Awareness, and Aptitude.
- Declaration of Results:
- The University declares the results, and a merit list is prepared based on candidates’ performance in the entrance exam.
- Counseling Process:
- Shortlisted candidates are called for the counseling process based on the merit list.
- Document Verification:
- Candidates need to undergo document verification during the counseling process.
- Seat Allotment:
- Seats are allotted based on the merit list and availability.
- Admission Confirmation:
- Candidates need to confirm their admission by paying the requisite fees within the stipulated time.
DU LLB Entrance Exam-Registration Process
- Visit the Official Website:
- Go to the official DU website or the dedicated portal for admissions.
- New Registration:
- Look for the link to “New Registration” or “Apply Online.”
- Create an Account:
- Provide necessary details for registration, such as your name, email address, mobile number, and date of birth.
- Create a unique username and password.
- Login to the Portal:
- Use the created username and password to log in to the registration portal.
- Fill in the Application Form:
- Complete the DU LLB Entrance Exam application form with personal details, educational qualifications, and other required information.
- Upload Documents:
- Upload scanned copies of your photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Select Exam Center:
- Choose the preferred exam center from the available options.
- Application Fee Payment:
- Pay the DU LLB Entrance Exam application fee online using the available payment options.
- The fee structure may vary for different categories.
- Review and Submit:
- Review the filled-in application form to ensure accuracy.
- Submit the application form.
- Print Application Form:
- After successful submission, download and print a copy of the completed application form for future reference.
- Download Admit Card:
- Once the registration process is complete, download the DU LLB Entrance Exam admit card from the official website when it is made available.
DU LLB Entrance Exam-Documents List
- A recent passport-sized color photograph in JPEG format. Ensure that it meets the specified dimensions and file size.
- Scanned copy of your signature in JPEG format. Follow the prescribed guidelines for dimensions and file size.
- Educational Documents:
- Class 10th (SSC) Mark Sheet
- Class 12th (HSC) Mark Sheet
- Graduation Mark Sheet (if applicable)
- Category Certificate (if applicable):
- For candidates belonging to reserved categories (OBC/SC/ST/EWS), a valid category certificate may be required.
- Disability Certificate (if applicable):
- For candidates with disabilities, a valid Disability Certificate issued by a competent authority.
- ID Proof:
- Any one of the following government-issued photo IDs: Aadhaar Card, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Driving License, etc.
- Payment Confirmation:
- Proof of application fee payment, such as a transaction receipt or confirmation.
- Printout of Application Form:
- A printed copy of the completed DU LLB Entrance Exam application form.
DU LLB Entrance Exam-Syllabus
English Language and Comprehension:
- Reading Comprehension
- Grammar and Usage
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Idioms and Phrases
- Current Affairs
- General Science
- History, Geography, and Political Science
- Static General Knowledge
- Logical Reasoning
- Critical Reasoning
- Analytical and Mathematical Ability
Legal Awareness and Aptitude:
- Legal Knowledge
- Indian Constitution
- Legal Terms and Maxims
- Landmark Judgments
- Legal Reasoning and Problem-Solving
DU LLB Entrance Exam-Pattern
Mode of Exam:
- The DU LLB Entrance Exam is conducted in an online (computer-based) mode.
- The exam duration is typically 2 hours.
Type of Questions:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
Number of Questions:
- The total number of questions may vary from year to year, but it’s typically around 100-150 questions.
- The exam is divided into sections covering different subjects. Common sections include:
- English Language and Comprehension
- General Knowledge
- Analytical Abilities
- Legal Awareness and Aptitude
- There is usually a positive marking scheme, where candidates earn one mark for each correct answer.
- There might be negative marking for incorrect answers, so candidates are advised to answer carefully.
Language of Exam:
- The exam is conducted in English.
DU LLB Entrance Exam-Application Fee
Application Fee (Approximate)
INR 750 to INR 800
INR 300 to INR 400
INR 750 to INR 800 |
DU LLB Entrance Exam-Important Dates
CUET Registration 2024
Start the application process
Last Date to Apply
Last day to pay the online fee
Application Form Re-Open
Application Correction Dates
15th – 31st May 2024
Reserve Exam Dates
Answer Key Release Date
Date for Objections
Final answer key
DU LLB Entrance Exam-Counseling Process
Publication of Merit List:
- The University publishes a merit list based on candidates’ performance in the entrance exam.
Online Registration for Counseling:
- Candidates shortlisted in the merit list need to register online for the counseling process.
- Registered candidates must fill in their preferences for law colleges and courses based on their ranks.
- Candidates are required to attend in-person document verification sessions at designated centers. They need to bring original documents and photocopies.
- Based on the merit list and choices filled by candidates, seat allotment is conducted. Candidates are allotted seats in law colleges affiliated with the University.
Payment of Admission Fee:
- After seat allotment, candidates need to pay the admission fee to confirm their seats.
Reporting to the Allotted College:
- Candidates who have paid the admission fee need to report to the allotted law college within the specified period.
Completion of Admission Formalities:
- Candidates must complete all necessary admission formalities at the allotted college.
DU LLB Entrance Exam-Cut Off
OBC Non-Creamy Layer