What is KCET?
The Karnataka Common Entrance Test, commonly referred to as KCET, is overseen by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) and serves as a crucial examination for admission to various professional courses in the state. Designed for a diverse range of disciplines, KCET opens doors to Engineering Technology, Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharma), Diploma in Pharmacy (DPharma), Agriculture courses (Farm Science), and Veterinary courses.
For those aspiring to pursue Medical, Dental, Ayurveda, Unani, or Homoeopathy courses, qualification in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is mandatory, as KCET does not cover admission to these specific fields. Additionally, candidates interested in Architecture courses through KCET must have successfully qualified in either JEE Main Paper-2 or the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) to be eligible for participation in the KCET counselling process.
Full Exam Name
Karnataka Common Entrance Test
Short Exam Name
Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)
Once a year
State Level Exam
Mode of Application
Mode of Exam
Mode of Counselling
Engineering Technology, Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharma), Diploma in Pharmacy (DPharma), Agriculture courses (Farm Science) and Veterinary courses
- Pass in 2nd PUC/Class 12/equivalent exam with English as one of the languages.
- Secured 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- 50% marks in aggregate at 2nd PUC/Class 12/equivalent exam in all subjects (45% for reserved category).
- Pass in 2nd PUC/Class 12/equivalent exam with English as one of the languages.
- Obtain a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate in Physics and Mathematics along with Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Electronics/Computer.
- 40% marks for reserved category candidates.
Farm Science Courses (BSc Hons Agriculture, Sericulture, Horticulture, Forestry, BTech Biotechnology, BSc Hons Community Science, BTech Agril. Engg, BTech Food Technology, BTech Dairy Technology, BFSc Fisheries, BSc Hons Ag. Maco):
- Passed 2nd PUC/Class 12/equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology as optional subjects.
Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (BVSc & AH):
- Pass 2nd PUC/Class 12.
- Obtain a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English subjects (40% for reserved category).
- Passed in 2nd PUC/Class 12 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Obtained a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects.
- 40% for reserved category candidates.
- Alternatively, passed in Diploma in Pharmacy with a minimum of 45% marks (40% for reserved category).
2nd Year BPharma:
- Passed Diploma in Pharmacy examination with a minimum of 45% marks (40% for reserved category).
- Pass 2nd PUC/Class 12 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Alternatively, passed in Diploma in Pharmacy.
Naturopathy & Yoga:
- Passed the qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as optional subjects and English as one of the languages.
- Obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology subjects (40% for reserved category).
- Visit the KCET Official Website:Access the official KCET website at kea.kar.nic.in.
- Registration:Initiate the application process by completing the KCET 2024 registration. Provide basic details as required for the registration.
- Login:After successful registration, log in using the provided username and password to access the application form.
- Complete Application Form:Fill in details related to educational qualifications, corresponding address, and other required information in the KCET application form.
- Document Upload:Upload the necessary documents as per the specified guidelines. Ensure that the documents are in the prescribed format for smooth processing.
- Fee Payment:Pay the KCET application fee online through the provided payment gateway. Verify the payment details and proceed with the transaction.
- Preview and Submission:Preview all the details entered in the application form before final submission. Ensure accuracy in the provided information.
- Final Submission:After reviewing and confirming the details, submit the KCET 2024 application form. Keep a record of the application form submission for future reference.
|Release of KCET Official Notification||First week of March, 2024|
|Commencement of KCET Application Process||First week of March, 2024|
|Deadline to apply for KCET exam||First week of April, 2024|
|Deadline to pay the KCET application fee||First week of April, 2024|
|Facility to make corrections in KCET application form||Second week of April, 2024|
|Availability of KCET admit card||First week of May, 2024|
|KCET entrance examination||Third week of May, 2024|
|KCET entrance exam 2024 in Kannada language (only for Horanadu & Gadinadu Kannadiga candidates)||Third week of May, 2024|
|Release of KCET Preliminary Answer Key||Third week of May, 2024|
|Facility to challenge KCET Preliminary Answer Key||Third to fourth week of May, 2024|
|Release of KCET Final Answer Key||Third week of June, 2024|
|Release of KCET Result||Third week of June, 2024|
|1 Round Counselling|
|KCET Verification of Documents||Fourth week of June to third week of July, 2024|
|Availability of KCET Web Options||First to second week of August, 2024|
|Declaration of KCET Mock Allotment Result||Second week of August, 2024|
|Facility to make edits in filled choices||Second week of August, 2024|
|Declaration of KCET Seat Allotment Result||Third week of August, 2024|
|2 Round Counselling|
|KCET Verification of Documents||Last week of August, 2024|
|Availability of KCET Vacant Seat Matrix||Last week of August, 2024|
|Activation ofFacility to exercise KCET Web Options||Last week of August, 2024|
|Deadline for KCET Option Entry||First week of September, 2024|
|Declaration of KCET Seat Allotment Result||Second week of September, 2024|
|Facility to exercise choices after KCET Seat Allotment||Second week of September, 2024|
|Fee payment by candidates opting for Choice 1 or 2||Second week of September, 2024|
|Time period to download admission order by candidates opting for Choice 1||Second week of September, 2024|
|Deadline to report to the allotted institutes by candidates opting for Choice 1||Second week of September, 2024|
|Counselling of extended round|
|Beginning of KCET Choice FIlling||Third week of September, 2024|
|Last date to secure seats submitted in the previous rounds||Third week of September, 2024|
|Deadline of KCET Choice Filling||Fourth week of September, 2024|
|Declaration of KCET Seat Allotment Result||Fourth week of September, 2024|
|Payment of seat acceptance fee and downloading of seat allotment letter||Last week of September, 2024|
|Deadline to report to allotted institute||Last week of September, 2024|
Kannada (in case)
- Motion in a straight line
- Motion in a plane
- Laws of motion
- Work, energy, and power
- Systems of particles and rotational motion
- Mechanical properties of solids and fluids
- Heat and thermodynamics
- Current electricity
- Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating current
- Modern physics
- Some basic concepts of chemistry
- Structure of atom
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- States of matter: gases and liquids
- Redox reactions
- s-Block elements
- p-Block elements
- Organic chemistry – some basic principles and techniques
- Environmental chemistry
- Sets and functions
- Coordinate geometry
- Mathematical reasoning
- Statistics and probability
- Diversity in the living world
- Structural organization in animals and plants
- Cell structure and function
- Plant physiology
- Human physiology
- Genetics and evolution
- Biology and human welfare
- Biotechnology and its applications
- Ecology and environment
- Understand the Syllabus:Obtain the latest KCET syllabus and exam pattern. Understand the topics and subjects that will be covered in the exam.
- Create a Study Plan:Develop a well-structured study plan that covers all subjects and topics evenly. Allocate more time to challenging subjects or those you find more difficult.
- Study Material:Use recommended textbooks and study materials. NCERT books are often a good starting point for foundational concepts. Additionally, refer to any specific books or resources recommended by experts.
- Practice Regularly:Practice solving problems regularly. The more problems you solve, the better you’ll get at handling different types of questions. Ensure a balance between understanding concepts and practical problem-solving.
- Mock Tests:Take mock tests regularly to simulate exam conditions. This will help you manage time effectively, improve your speed, and identify weak areas that need more focus.
- Previous Years’ Papers:Solve previous years’ question papers to get an idea of the exam pattern and the types of questions asked. This can also help you understand the important topics.
- Revision:Regularly revise the concepts you’ve studied. This helps in better retention and recall during the exam.
- Healthy Lifestyle:Maintain a healthy lifestyle with proper sleep, nutrition, and exercise. A healthy body and mind are essential for effective studying.
- Stay Informed:Keep yourself updated on any changes in the exam pattern or syllabus. Stay informed about important dates related to the exam.
- Seek Help When Needed:If you encounter difficulties with certain topics, don’t hesitate to seek help from teachers, classmates, or online resources. Understanding concepts thoroughly is crucial.
- Online Commencement:The KEA will kickstart the KCET 2024 counselling online through its official website. Candidates must stay tuned to the official announcements and updates for a seamless transition into the counselling arena.
- Qualification Prerequisite:Only those who have emerged victorious in the KCET 2024 examination will be eligible to embark on the counselling journey. The qualification process sets the stage for a select group of candidates ready to shape their educational destinies.
- Registration Ritual:The first step in this exhilarating process is the KCET counselling registration for the year 2024. Applicants, armed with their qualifying credentials, need to navigate through the online registration portal, ensuring accurate and timely submission of necessary details.
- Choices Unleashed:Once registered, candidates delve into the intricate process of choice filling. With a myriad of colleges and courses awaiting their preferences, aspirants meticulously enter their options, crafting a roadmap for their academic journey.
- Mock Seat Allotment:To add a layer of anticipation, KEA introduces the KCET mock seat allotment. This insightful step allows candidates to gauge their potential outcomes, offering a chance to reevaluate and modify their choices before the final act unfolds.
- Dynamic Decision-Making:Post the mock seat allotment revelation, candidates are granted the opportunity to fine-tune their choices. This dynamic decision-making phase ensures that aspirants are in the driver’s seat of their destiny, making informed selections based on the simulated results.
- The Grand Finale: Seat Allotment:The crescendo of the counselling symphony arrives with the official KCET seat allotment. Candidates witness the culmination of their efforts as they discover the colleges and courses they’ve been allocated. It’s the moment where dreams begin to materialize.
- Reporting and Verification: For those fortunate enough to secure a seat, the next step involves a physical journey to the allotted institute. Here, candidates engage in the dual process of fee payment and document verification, cementing their places in the academic landscape.
- The Crucial Criterion:The KCET 2024 cutoff serves as the crucial benchmark that candidates must surpass to secure a coveted spot in the merit list. This qualifying score becomes the bridge that links aspirations to accomplishments.
- Merit List Marvel:Only those who scale the cutoff barrier find themselves on the illustrious KCET merit list. This list, a testament to academic prowess and tenacity, becomes the compass guiding candidates towards their preferred colleges and courses.
- Factors at Play:The enigmatic world of cutoff determination is shaped by an intricate interplay of factors. The number of candidates who participated in the examination, the availability of seats in various courses, and historical trends converge to influence the final cutoff marks.
- Examination Dynamics:The very nature of the KCET 2024 examination contributes significantly to the cutoff saga. The complexity of questions, the overall performance of candidates, and the distribution of scores all contribute to the dynamic landscape that sets the stage for the cutoff revelation.
- Seat Availability Jigsaw:Seat availability forms a pivotal piece of the puzzle. The ebb and flow of admissions, the popularity of courses, and the capacity of educational institutions intricately intertwine to mold the cutoff marks. As the chessboard of admissions unfolds, each move is calculated based on the intricate dance of available seats.
- Variable Variance:The cutoff marks are not static; they embody a variable variance that responds to the ever-changing dynamics of each examination cycle. Aspirants must adapt to this fluctuating landscape, understanding that cutoff marks are a reflection of the collective performance of their peers.
- Destiny’s Decree:Beyond the numerical intricacies, the KCET 2024 cutoff marks become a symbolic representation of destiny’s decree. Aspirants, armed with their preparation and determination, await the unveiling of these marks, recognizing that they hold the key to unlocking the doors of educational opportunity.