The Tata Institute of Social Sciences National Entrance Test (TISSNET) is a crucial examination for individuals aspiring to pursue postgraduate studies in social work, social sciences, human resources, and related fields at the prestigious Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS). Conducted annually, TISSNET evaluates candidates on their analytical, verbal, and logical abilities through a computer-based test (CBT) featuring multiple-choice questions (MCQs). The exam typically includes sections such as General Awareness, English Proficiency, Mathematical and Logical Reasoning, and Analytical Ability. Successful candidates may proceed to the next stage, which may involve a TISS Management Aptitude Test (TISS MAT) or TISS Program Aptitude Test (TISS PAT), depending on the chosen program. Further stages include a Pre-Interview Test (PIT) and a Personal Interview (PI). TISS places significant emphasis on candidates’ social awareness, aligning with its commitment to fostering professionals who contribute meaningfully to societal development. The eligibility criteria usually require candidates to hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. The application process involves online registration and submission of the application form through the official TISS website. TISSNET scores are accepted by various TISS campuses across India, making it a critical gateway for those seeking education in social sciences and related disciplines. As the landscape of education evolves, candidates are advised to refer to the official TISS website for the latest and most accurate information regarding TISSNET
Tata Institute of Social Sciences National Entrance Test
Once a year
English Proficiency, Mathematical Skills & Logical Reasoning, and General Awareness
100 questions in MCQ format
INR 1030 per course (for the unreserved category) and INR 260 per course (for reserved category)
Admission to TISS Mumbai, TISS Tuljapur, TISS Hyderabad and TISS Guwahati
MBA/PGDM (PG in Human Resources Management and Labour Relations (HRM & LR)), PG in Education, PG, OG-MSc, MHA, MPH, MPH-HPEF, MPH-SELL, MMA in Social Work, MLIS
No. of Test Cities
Exam Helpdesk No.
- Fill the TISSNET Online Application Form:Prospective candidates must initiate the admission process by filling out the TISSNET online application form. This involves providing personal details, educational qualifications, and other relevant information on the official TISS website.
- Download the Admit Card:After successful submission of the application form, candidates can download the TISSNET admit card from the official website. The admit card contains essential details such as the exam date, time, and venue.
- Appear for the TISSNET Exam:Candidates need to take the TISSNET exam, which is a computer-based test (CBT) that assesses their analytical, verbal, and logical abilities. The exam includes multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and evaluates candidates on various sections, including General Awareness, English Proficiency, Mathematical and Logical Reasoning, and Analytical Ability.
- Declaration of Results:After the TISSNET exam, the results are declared, and candidates can check their scores and percentile on the official TISS website. The results play a crucial role in determining whether candidates qualify for the next stages of the admission process.
- Shortlisted Candidates for Online Assessment:Based on their performance in TISSNET, candidates are shortlisted for the next stage, which involves an Online Assessment. This stage may include additional tests or evaluations specific to the chosen MA program.
- Final Admission:Shortlisted candidates, after successfully completing the Online Assessment, proceed to the final stage of the admission process. This stage typically involves a Pre-Interview Test (PIT) and a Personal Interview (PI). The final selection is based on the candidate’s performance in these assessments.
- Educational Qualification:Candidates must have successfully completed a Bachelor’s or Master’s program degree with a minimum duration of three or four years. The specific duration may vary depending on the program applied for.
- Final Year Candidates:Candidates who are in their final year of the qualifying degree are also eligible to apply for TISSNET. However, such candidates must ensure that they complete their final examinations and secure the degree with the required minimum duration before the specified dates.
- Provisional Admission:Candidates appearing for the final examination of the qualifying degree can apply for TISSNET. However, their admission will be granted on a provisional basis, subject to the successful completion of the degree as per the prescribed dates.
- Submission of Documents:Candidates are required to submit the necessary documents on or before the prescribed dates to avoid any cancellations. This includes providing proof of having fulfilled the educational qualification criteria
- Educational Qualification Documents:Scanned copies of certificates or mark sheets of your qualifying examination (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, depending on the program you are applying for).
- Category Certificate (if applicable):Candidates belonging to reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC-NCL) may need to upload scanned copies of their category certificates. The certificate should be issued by the competent authority.
- Income Certificate (if applicable):For candidates applying under the Economically Weaker Section (EWS) category, an income certificate may be required.
- Disability Certificate (if applicable):If you are a person with a disability (PWD), you may need to upload a disability certificate issued by a competent medical authority.
- Experience Certificate (if applicable):Some programs may require candidates with work experience to upload an experience certificate. This is usually applicable to specific courses.
- Passport-sized Photograph:A recent passport-sized photograph in the prescribed format is often required. Ensure that the photograph is clear and meets the specified dimensions.
- Signature:A scanned copy of your signature is generally required. Make sure it is in the prescribed format and size.
- Other Relevant Documents:Depending on the program and category, there may be additional documents required. Check the official TISSNET information brochure or website for specific details.
- Visit the Official Website:Go to the official TISS website where the registration link is made available. The official website is https://www.tiss.edu/.
- Create an Account:If you are a new user, you may need to create an account on the TISS admission portal. Provide your valid email address and other required details to register.
- Fill in the Application Form:Log in to your account and fill in the TISSNET application form. Enter personal details, educational qualifications, and other relevant information as required.
- Upload Documents:Upload scanned copies of necessary documents, including educational certificates, category certificates (if applicable), photograph, and signature, following the specified format and size guidelines.
- Payment of Application Fee:Pay the TISSNET application fee using the available online payment options. The payment can typically be made through credit/debit cards, net banking, or other prescribed modes.
- Review and Submit:Review the filled-in application form to ensure that all details are accurate. After verification, submit the application form.
- Download Confirmation:After successful submission, download and print the confirmation page or acknowledgment receipt for future reference.
- Admit Card Download:Once the registration process is complete and the application is accepted, download the TISSNET admit card from the official website when it is released.
- Verbal Reasoning
- Word Choice
- Sentence Correction
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Reading Comprehension (Passages)
Mathematics Skills & Logical Reasoning:
- Basic Arithmetic
- Basic Geometry
- Basic Trigonometry
- Basic Statistics
- Number Series
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- Political Events
- Social Science/Studies
- Science, Research & Technology
- Environmental Science, Issues, and Events
- Sport Events, Awards, Personalities
- Indian History
- Arts & Culture
TISSNET Exam Pattern
Computer-Based Test mode
2:00 pm to 3:40 pm
1 hour 40 minutes
3 sections based on:
Mathematics and Logical Reasoning
Types of Questions
Multiple choices based questions
Number of courses
For one course
For two courses
For three courses
TISSNET 2024 Exam Events
TISSNET registration begins
2nd week of December 2023
Last date for TISSNET registration
Last week of January 2024
Last date for completing the TISSNET 2024 application form
Last week of January 2024
TISSNET 2024 admit cards
3rd week of February 2024
TISSNET exam date
Last week of February 2024
Release of TISSNET 2024 answer key (Provisional)
1st week of March 2024
Last date for challenging the answer key
2nd week of March 2024
TISSNET 2024 answer key (final)
2nd week of March 2024
TISSNET 2024 results
Last week of March 2024
Online DAF filling for shortlisted candidates
2nd week of April 2023
Last week of May 2023
- Result Declaration:After the TISSNET exam, the results are declared on the official TISS website. Candidates can check their scores and percentile.
- Pre-Interview Test (PIT) and Personal Interview (PI):Shortlisted candidates are usually called for the next stages of the selection process, which may include a Pre-Interview Test (PIT) and a Personal Interview (PI). The PIT and PI are conducted to assess candidates’ subject knowledge, analytical abilities, and interpersonal skills.
- Document Verification:Candidates who clear the PIT and PI stages are required to undergo document verification. It involves confirming the authenticity of educational certificates, category certificates (if applicable), and other relevant documents.
- Seat Allotment:After the successful completion of the interview and document verification process, seat allotment is done based on the candidate’s performance, category, and the availability of seats in the desired program.
- Payment of Fees:Selected candidates are required to pay the prescribed fees within the specified timeframe to secure their admission.
- Joining the Program:After the completion of all formalities, candidates can join the respective TISS programs for which they have been selected
Qualifying TISSNET Cut Off